Based on the popularity of our 2016 seminar ‘Getting to the Guts of it’ Kew Rec is excited to bring you a second seminar on this topic. The ‘Gut health’ seminar will give you more information and answer your questions on how to maintain a healthy gut.
Get the facts when it comes to restoring and supporting your gut health.
Topics covered will include:
- Gut noises, gas, stool types and bloating – what’s normal?
- Gut microbiome and its effect on mental health, weight and immunity.
- Pre and probiotic trends including kefir, kombucha, alternative supplements – do they really work?
- Dietary patterns protective against gastrointestinal diseases and dysfunction.
- The liver’s role in digestion and does liver cleansing really work?
- The powerful gut brain connection and how this may influence health conditions such as anxiety and depression.
This seminar will be delivered by a leading gastrointestinal health Accredited Practicing Dietitian.
Everyone will receive take-home notes. There will be time set aside for Marnie to answer any questions. Light refreshments will be served. Bookings are essential and can be made here: http://www.kew.boroondaraleisure.com.au/participate/ymca-nutrition-program/nutrition-seminar.html
PS: Don’t forget that kew Rec members are welcome to bring friends or family to the session, free of charge. Please just ensure that they have registered too (for catering purposes).