A series of six classes where you'll be introduced to the world of watercolour.
Kate Wallace will be taking you on an inspiring journey of creativity starting with the basics and moving on towards a specifically composed ‘still life’ scenario.
Session topics include:
- Focus on materials, looking at what’s needed to get started - discussing everything from paints, paper and brushes. This will provide an ideal overview for beginners and refresh those of you who may already have experience.
- Technique - creating an image, working with colour, brush strokes and the use of mediums to create different effects.
- Looking at how basic objects can be translated with particular emphasis on the importance of light in the creation of form and feeling.
- Still life, students will undertake a 90 minute still life painting with the option to paint from a specifically composed scene or focus on an individual item such as a fruit or a plant.
- Examine how to translate the physical form of the human body or face through watercolour utilizing a number of techniques learnt in the previous classes.
- Looking at the many approaches an artist can take when observing the natural landscape.
n A Bike Art are now taking bookings. Note: places are limited, so make sure you book in early. If you book for all six sessions you will receive a 10% discount!
- Thursday 27 April
- Thursday 4 May
- Thursday 11 May
- Thursday 18 May
- Thursday 25 May
- Thursday 1 June